Since 1999, Navid Yadegar has represented corporate and individual clients in all aspects of employment-related matters. He handles matters including, but not limited to:
Navid also represents clients in all forms of business and commercial matters. This includes partnership/shareholder disputes, contract disputes and disputes involving business practices.
Before forming his own law firm, Navid worked at two preeminent law firms in Los Angeles (Proskauer Rose LLP and Arnold & Porter). He handled complex commercial and employment litigation for large corporate and individual clients. In 2006, Navid left the large firm practice to create a litigation boutique.
Here, he combines his litigation experience with his understanding of changing business environments as they intersect with law, public policy and technology. He brings his clients the highest level of legal service in an efficient and effective manner.
In addition to many favorable settlements for plaintiffs and defendants alike, Navid has substantial experience in seeing matters to the end. Navid’s notable professional achievements include:
Navid has obtained many favorable verdicts, judgments and settlement awards for his clients, including:
- Arbitration award for $974,219.74 in favor of an employee in a disability discrimination/failure to accommodate case.
- Jury verdict in favor of an employee in a disability discrimination/failure to accommodate case.
- Confidential settlement in a sexual harassment/retaliation case after completion of a 10-day jury trial, followed by an award of $836,600 in attorneys’ fees.
- Prevailed on appeal of a denial of an anti-SLAPP motion in a malicious prosecution claim.
- Judgment in favor of a corporation against its former CEO who was accused of embezzlement.
- Judgment in a case involving breach of a promissory note.
- Judgment in a case involving breach of an employment contract.
- Judgment in a fraudulent transfer case against the beneficiary of a Ponzi scheme.
- Judgment in a conversion claim against parents of an entertainer who stole their child’s assets.
- Judgment (after bench trial) against pool contractor for breach of contract.
- $16 million judgment in favor of male sexual harassment victim.
Navid has had many successful defenses for his clients, including:
- Defense award in an NASD arbitration of a multi-million dollar customer case brought against a broker-dealer.
- Defense award in a JAMS arbitration of a hotel owner against a multi-million dollar indemnity claim brought by an international hotel management company.
- Defense Judgment in federal court in a putative nationwide class action in which the plaintiff alleged defects in products that plaintiff contended had been sold for $4 billion to the U.S. market.
- Defense judgment in a case involving allegations of defamation and intentional interference brought by a corporation’s competitor.
- Successful defense (voluntary dismissal by plaintiff after the start of trial) of a managing member of an LLC against allegations of fraud and conversion by other members.
- Successful defense of a request for a civil harassment restraining order.
- Successful defense (voluntary dismissal by plaintiff after successful demurrers) of the CEO of a corporation against allegations of fraud and conversion.
- Successful defense (voluntary dismissal by plaintiff after successful demurrers) of a property owner against allegations of personal injury resulting from a fall on the property.
- Successful defense (voluntary dismissal by plaintiff after successful demurrers) of a malpractice claim against an accountant.
- Successful defense (voluntary dismissal pending motion for summary judgment) of the manager of an international music band against claims by some of the former band members.
- Successful defense (voluntary dismissal by Plaintiff after demurrer) of a supervisor accused of retaliation.
- J.D. from UCLA School of Law in 1999, with “Specialization in Business Law.”
- B.A. in Psychology from UCLA in 1996.
- Member of the California Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, California, Central District
- U.S. District Court, California, Northern District
- U.S. District Court, California, Southern District
- U.S. District Court, California, Eastern District
Awards and Recognitions
- AV Rated (highest rating) Martindale Hubbell
- 2020 Top 100 Southern California SuperLawyer
- 2014-2022 Southern California SuperLawyer
- 2018 “Top 100 Labor & Employment Lawyer” by American Society of Legal Advocates
- Avvo.com 10 out of 10 rating
- 2013 “Top Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment Law” by American Lawyer Media
- SuperLawyers’ Rising Star – 2006-2013
- Madison Who’s Who of Accomplished Executives and Professionals – 2006
- United States District Court; Civil Rights Panel – 2003.