Hostile Work Environment Lawyers in Los Angeles
Discuss Your Workplace Situation With Us Today
Harassment and bullying can turn your workplace into a hostile environment. You may not feel welcome in your workplace, or you may constantly fear for your job or safety. Below, our hostile work environment lawyers in Los Angeles discusses hostile work environment laws in California.
Speak with a Los Angeles Hostile Work Environment Lawyer from Our Firm
Are you suffering from a hostile work environment? Consider speaking to our hostile work environment lawyer in Los Angeles. During a free consultation, we can answer your legal questions and help you to understand your best legal options. Call us at (310) 919-0091 or contact us online to request a confidential consultation.
What Is a Hostile Work Environment in California?
Hostile work environment is a legal term used to describe certain types of harassment that occur at work. According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), a workplace is hostile if a reasonable person would consider it intimidating, hostile or abusive. Do you believe that you have experienced or are currently experiencing a hostile work environment? Consider the following statements:
- The conduct disrupts my emotional tranquility in the workplace;
- It affects my ability to perform my job duties as usual; and,
- It interferes with and undermines my personal sense of well-being.
It is important to understand that no employee should have to endure a hostile work environment. You may have options for recourse. In any case, you should consider speaking with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible about your potential options.
What Forms of Harassment Cause Hostile Work Environment?
Some of the more common forms of workplace harassment include:
- Sexual harassment
- Disability harassment
- Pregnancy harassment
- Racial harassment
- National origin harassment
- Religious beliefs harassment
- Same sex harassment
- Email harassment
Examples of behavior that may lead to a hostile work environment include, but are not limited to:
- Unwanted sexual advances
- Quid pro quo sexual harassment
- Threats and/or retaliation
- Electronic harassment, including via emails, texts or social media
- Derogatory comments or slurs
- Interference with work performance
- Leering, impeding or blocking movement
How Do I Prove a Hostile Work Environment in California?
In order to prove a hostile work environment claim, you must be able to show the following:
- You are a protected class under federal and/or California law;
- Your employer, supervisor or coworker engaged in unwelcome and inappropriate behavior;
- This behavior unreasonably interfered with your work performance or created an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment;
- You have suffered damages due to the hostile work environment.
Contact Our Hostile Work Environment Lawyers in Los Angeles for a Free Consultation
If you have experienced or are currently experiencing a hostile work environment, we recommend that you get in touch with our team as soon as possible. At YMS, we take a personal and compassionate approach to these cases. By combining this approach with our extensive litigation experience, we can take the time to comprehensively understand your case. From there, we can develop a strategy that works toward a best-possible outcome. Request a free, confidential consultation with us today. Call us at (310) 919-0091 or contact us online and we will be in touch with you soon.
“Professional and knowledgeable.”- Sharon L.
“I strongly recommend Navid and his firm to advocate for you, especially if you’ve experienced wrongful termination or workplace bullying or harassment due to a disability.”- Former Client
“Navid made it easy.”- Former Client